Multilingual Consultation & Useful Links

Helplines you can consult in foreign languages. Multilingual information on Covid-19 can be found here.

Free Consultation for Foreign Residents

Free Consultation for Foreign Residents

The Tokyo Supporting Network for Foreign Residents holds consultation for foreign residents. You may consult with experts, including lawyers, on any doubts or problems you may have living in Japan. Includes themes such as, marriage and divorce, pensions and insurance, labor problems, and more. Interpreters will be on hand to translate into multiple languages.

Completely free. Confidentiality assured.

Check here for details such as schedule and venue.

Listed below are helplines you can consult in foreign languages. Check out the website for further details such as languages supported and opening hours.

  Multilingual Consultation (General Matters)
Multilingual Consultation for Foreign Residents (General Matters)

☎ Tokyo Multilingual Consultation Navi (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation  "Tsunagari")

Offers consultation in various languages for foreign residents in Tokyo. Free Multilingual Legal Consultations and consultations regarding COVID-19 are also available. 

Languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepalese, Indonesian,  Philipino(Tagalog), Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Cambodian, Burmese

Hours : Monday-Friday(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays), 10:00-16:00

TEL 03-6258-1227

 English Site :

  Consultation for Foreigners  Tokyo Metropolitan Government Foreign Residents' Advisory Center
Offers consultation and a counseling service for foreign people living in Tokyo. 
English : TEL 03-5320-7744
Chinese : TEL 03-5320-7766

Korean : TEL 03-5320-7700
Hours : Monday-Friday, 9:30-12:00, 13:00-17:00 *Closed on National Holidays

English Site

☎ Consultation Support Center for Foreign Residents 
(Immigration Services Agency of Japan)
Offers advice and helpful information to foreign residents regarding immigration procedures and daily life in Japan.

TEL 03-3202-5535
Hours : Monday-Friday, 9:30-16:00

Languages : Chinese/English (Monday to Friday, excluding the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month), Portuguese (Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays), Spanish (Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays), Indonesian (Tuesdays), Vietnamese (Mondays/Tuesdays), Filipino (Fridays)

English Site :

◎Useful Sites for Non-Japanese Citizens
Tokyo Intercultural  Portal Site (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation "Tsunagari")
English Site :

Comprehensive Living Guide for foreign residents in Japan (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation "Tsunagari")
English Site :

  Immigration / Residence Procedures
☎ Residency Consultation  at the Foreign Residents Support Center <FRESC>  (Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau)
Offers multilingual consultation regarding your status of residence, immigration procedures, and other residency-related issues at FRESC located near Yotsuya Station. Reservation required. 
English Site :
English Reservation Site :

☎Immigration Information Center (Immigration Services Agency of Japan)
Responds to various inquiries regarding immigration and residence procedures.
TEL 0570-013904
(for IP phones, PHS, and calls from overseas, call 03-5796-7112)
Hours : Monday-Friday, 8:30-17:15 *Closed on National holidays
◎Need information on Immigration and Residence Procedure
Immigration Services Agency of Japan
English Site :
Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Philipino, Indonesian, Nepalese, Vietnamese, Burmese, Cambodian, Mongolian, Spanish, Portuguese

  Legal Issues
 Houterasu - Japan Legal Support Center (Ministry of Justice)
Provides information on Japanese legal system, bar assocations and relevant organizations.
 TEL 0570-078377
 Hours : Monday - Friday, 9:00 -17:00 *Closed on National holidays
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Nepalese, Indonesian, Thai

 English Site :

☎  General Consultation Center   (Metropolitan Police Department)
TEL 03-3503-8484(for foreigners only)
Hours : 8:30 - 17:15

  Mental Health
☎ TELL Japan (NPO)
 Provides effective support and counseling services to Japan's international community and its increasing mental health needs.

  Human Rights
☎ Human rights counseling services in foreign languages on the Internet (Ministry of Justice)
TEL 0570-090911
 Hours : Monday - Friday, 8:00-17:00 *Closed on National holidays
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Nepalese, Spanish, Indonesian, Thai

  Medical Issues
☎ Telephone Information Services on Medical Institutions (Metropolitan Government of Tokyo)
 Provides information about medical institutions with staffs who can speak foreign languages and the medical system in Japan.
TEL 03-5285-8181
 Hours : 9:00-20:00
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Spanish

☎ Telephone Consultation for medical matters (AMDA Medical Information Center)
Help on finding medical institutions and provide information on healthcare and welfare systems in Japan.
TEL 03-6233-9266
 Hours : 10:00-16:00
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Spanish,
 Portuguese, Filipino
◎Looking for hospitals / pharmacies in Tokyo with staffs who can speak foreign languages
Medical Institution Information Service (Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
Languages : English, Chinese, Korean
◎Want to know how to use an ambulance
Guide for Ambulance Services
Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Italian, French, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Portuguese, Nepalese, Indonesian, Spanish, Burmese, Cambodian, Mongolian

  Labour / Employment
Problems at Work
Telephone Consultation Service for Foreign Workers
 Working condition consultation hot line
 Guide to Labour Bureaus with Foreign Workers Consultation Service(Adviser for Foreign Workers)
(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Burmese, Thai, Cambodian, Mongolian, Indonesian

Labor Consultation Service for Foreign Workers
Provides consultation regarding labour issues in general, including working conditions such as wage, severance payment etc.
 English Site :

 Languages : English, Chinese

Looking for Jobs
☎TOKYO CAREER Consulting Desk (Tokyo Metropolitan Government)
Provides information about steps to work in Tokyo. 
 English Site :
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean 

Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners
Provides job counseling and placement services for non-Japanese students holding a STUDENT 留学 status (visa) and non-Japanese specialists or technical experts holding a corresponding status (visa) who live in Japan and seek employment in Japan.  The center is run by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. 
* Appointment is required to use interpretation service
English Site :
Languages : English, Chinese

Shinjuku Foreigners’ Employment Assistance and Guidance Center
Provides job counseling and placement services for non-Japanese job seekers whose status has no-restrictions on occupation such as  SPOUSE OR CHILD OF JAPANESE NATIONAL日本人配偶者等, LONG TERM RESIDENT定住, PERMANENT RESIDENT永住Job counseling and placement services for WORKING HOLIDAY status (visa) holders Job counseling and placement services for STUDENT留学 and DEPENDENT家族滞在 status(visa) holders seeking a PART-TIME job.  * Appointment is required to use interpretation service

Languages : English, Chinese
◎Looking for jobs in Tokyo

English Site :
Languages: English, Chinese

Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners

Counseling and Consultation Services for foreign children and students
(Tokyo Metropolitan Education Consultation Center)
 Provides consultation on school maladaptation, accepts inquiries regarding entry and advancement in public high schools etc., from children under 19 and their guardians. 
 English Site :
 Languages : English, Chinese, Korean 
◎Looking for teaching materials and sites for  children with Non-Japanese Ethnicity 
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science (Only in Japanese)

  Pension / Tax
☎Pension Consultation (Interpretation Service)
Provides interpretation service for pension consultation when you visit the branch office or call the consultation phone of Japan Pension Service. (Japan Pension Service)
Hours : Monday - Friday, 9:00-17:00 *Closed on National holidays

Languages: English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Nepalese

Tokyo Regional Tax Bureau Consultation Service for Foreign Residents (National Tax Agency)
Hours : Monday - Friday, 9:00-17:00 *Closed on National Holidays
Languages: English


TEL 03-3821-9070

  Domestic Violence
 5-Language DV Consultation Service  (Tokyo Women's Plaza)
Provides  consultation in 5 languages for residents of Tokyo, suffering from domestic violence by their spouse or partner.
English Flyer :
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 13:00-16:00 *Closed on National Holidays
Languages: English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Tagalog

TEL  03-5467-2455


Domestic Violence Hotline Plus
  (Cabinet Office)
Multilingual hotline for domestic violence. *Phone, E-mail, Chat service available.

English Site :
Languages : Japanese, English, Tagalog, Thai, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Nepalese, Vietnamese, Indonesian

TEL 0120-279-889

  Emergency & Disaster
◎Looking for Multilingual  information related to disaster prevention
Information on Disaster for foreigners (Tokyo Metropolitan) Government)

Multilingual Emergency Updates (NHK)

  Kokubunji City
◎Looking for information on Kokubunji City
Kokubunji City Homepage

-The site below is Kokubunji City's top page for non-Japanese citizens. If you wish to read Kokubunji City's homepage in Easy Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, click on the translation button for machine translation.
「For foreigners・為了外國人・외국인을 위해서」(Kokubunji City)

-The sites below are translated by machine translation and therefore may not be accurate.  Please contact the city hall for further information.  For those who want information besides these topics, we recommend you to check Kokubunji City's homepage referred above and use the machine translation and search engine to find information.

◎ When you need medical treatment on holidays
Holiday Emergency Medical Treatment

◎When you get pregnant
Pregnancy registration & Issuance of Maternal and Child Health Handbook

◎How to enroll your child in a public junior/elementary school of Kokubunji City
Enrollment Procedures for Foreign Children / Students in Municipal Elementary /Junior High Schools

◎Want to get a free dental checkup for adults at  the city 
Information on free dental checkups during June 1st to December 25th, 2021

◎Want to open a bank account
To foreign nationals applying to open an account (Japan Post Bank - Yuucho GInkou)
The site below is in Japanese, but are linked to multilingual guides (PDF)
English PDF :

How to Open a Bank Account and Send Money (Financial Services Agency)
【14 languages】Easy Japanese, English、中文/Chinese、 코리언/Korean, Português /Portuguese、 Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese, Filipino(Tagalog),  Bahasa Indonesia / Indonesian、 ภาษาไทย / Thai、 Español /Spanish、မြန်မာဘာသာစကား /Burmese,  ភាសាខ្មែរ /Cambodian, Монгол хэл / Mongolian、 नेपाली भाषा / Nepalese


Emergency Rescue

Coast Guard